Terms and Conditions that apply to bespoke customers, open courses and on-demand courses:
- Bespoke courses: Courses that UKCEH delivers for one customer, at a bespoke location and a bespoke date. This may be one of our standard commercial training courses or a bespoke topic tailored towards the needs of the customer
- Open courses: courses open for any individual or groups of individuals to attend, at fixed locations and fixed dates. This can be online or in-person or a combination.
- On-demand courses: courses that are online. These courses are for immediate access following payment. The courses are self-paced and with no support from a trainer.
Terms and Conditions applying to all courses (summary)
- Prices exclude VAT, but VAT where applicable will be payable.
Personal data & privacy
- UKCEH will send out all course communication with the learners’ email addresses in the ‘BCC’ field (not in the ‘To’ field).
- UKCEH will provide guidance in the joining instructions on how to protect your privacy during online training courses.
- The feedback form will ask each learner if UKCEH can use any of the feedback for promotional purposes (with or without attribution)
- For a few courses, trainers from other organisations are involved in delivering the course. In such cases, UKCEH will share some relevant personal data with those trainers for the purpose of the course administration and understanding the background of the learners (e.g. pre-course registration information)
- All material remains the sole intellectual property of UKCEH.
- Participating learners should not share any training material with non-participants within or outside their own organisation, unless UKCEH gives specific permission to do so.
- The customer and any individual learner must not put any material shared by UKCEH in the public domain, unless UKCEH gives specific permission to do so.
- Where UKCEH gives learners access to https://ukceh.learnworlds.com/, learners must not pass on their login credentials to anyone else. If they do, UKCEH will revoke their access. The customer will also have to pay an additional fee according to the agreed fixed cost/ learner.
- Where UKCEH gives learners access to an online Zoom training event (link, ID and passcode), learners must not pass this on to any third party. If they do, UKCEH will revoke their access. The customer will also have to pay an additional fee according to the agreed fixed cost/ learner.
- Learners must not take screenshots of a Zoom training meeting nor use third-party software to record a live or recorded video stream.
Standard service UKCEH will provide for all types of courses:
- Joining Instructions will go out by email approximately 2 weeks and 2 working days before the event
- Copies of all presentations as pdf document (handout version with two slides per page)
- A follow-up email to all learners about 1-2 weeks after the event. This may contain answers to questions raised, outputs from exercises or further background information.
- Where appropriate: Guidance on how to install the software required for the course
- Where appropriate: Copies of all Exercise material, answers to Exercises and additional information follow-up material
- where appropriate: Guidance on how to join Zoom in the Joining Instructions
- where appropriate: Introduction to main Zoom functions at the start of the event
- in-person courses only: Provision of refreshments at UKCEH venues
- in-person courses only: All physical material and equipment required to do the exercises.
- optional for online courses: Calendar invite to participants
- Without affecting any liability which cannot be excluded by law, such as liability in negligence for death or personal injury, which UKCEH will deliver training with reasonable care and skill, it shall not be liable for any loss of profits, opportunities, revenue or business, or any indirect or consequential losses (other than as expressly set out under “Cancellation” below), and, in any event, its maximum liability for any breach of contract or other obligation related to the training shall be capped at twice the VAT exclusive price payable, or, if less, the price actually paid, for the training.
- If UKCEH has to cancel the delivery of a training course, the customer can choose a full refund unless the customer and UKCEH can agree to defer the course to a later date.
- UKCEH will not be liable for any costs arising at the customer (e.g. catering or venue hire). If UKCEH notifies the customer with more than 48 hours’ notice nor where the customer is able to cancel such arrangements without a fee.
- If UKCEH has to cancel with less than 48 hours’ notice, it will contribute to cancellation fees or full fees up to a maximum of 10% of the cost of charging for the delivery of the training.
Terms and Conditions applying to open courses
In addition to the above T&C applying to all courses, the following apply specifically for open courses:
Refund/ Customer cancellation
If you cancel your course more than six weeks before, you can choose to let UKCEH keep your course payment and attend the same course at a later date at no extra cost. Alternatively, you can choose to have a 75% refund.
If you cancel one to six weeks before the training course, subject to circumstances, at our discretion, we will offer you a 75% refund or we will offer you to attend the same course at a later date paying an extra £50 admin fee.
If you cancel less than one week before the course starts, subject to circumstances, at our discretion, we will offer you a 50% refund or we will offer you to attend the same course at a later date paying an extra £100 admin fee.
Terms and Conditions applying to on-demand courses
In addition to the above T&C applying to all courses, the following apply specifically for on-demand courses.
- The moment you had access to the on-demand course on UKCEH Learnworlds, you cannot ask for a refund.
- Access to the on-demand course is for 4 weeks. At the discretion of UKCEH, this may be extended, subject to circumstances.
Full Terms and Conditions for bespoke training courses
Please see the link below to access this document.