The Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH) is a wholly owned Research Centre of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC – referred to as "We" below). In entering our Site you as a user ("You") are accepting our terms and conditions outlined below.
The NERC and CEH trademarks and logos ("the Trademarks") used and displayed on this Site are registered trademarks of NERC in the UK and other countries, and may not be used without the prior written consent of the Trademark owner.
Using the CEH website
The CEH website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. The access and use of the website featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. They take effect from the date on which you first use this website.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
Information collected by us is used for internal review to:
- improve the content of the CEH website;
- customise the content and/or layout of CEH Web.
Information collected is not shared with other organisations. See our Cookies policy for more details.
For uses of data not related to website functionality, please read our Privacy Notice.
Linking to the CEH website
CEH welcomes and encourages other websites to link to the information that is hosted on these pages. You do not have to ask permission to link but wording and linking graphics can be requested if necessary.
Links from this site
- Links from this site are not endorsed by CEH or NERC.
- Links and frames connecting this site with other sites are for convenience only and do not mean that CEH or NERC endorses or approves those other sites, their content or the people who run them.
- It is the responsibility of the Internet user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information found at sites linked from this website.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the internet.
We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur while using material derived from this website.
Information at this site
- is general information provided as part of CEH's and NERC’s statutory role in publicising CEH's activities and disseminating information relating to its organisation;
- is subject to the usual uncertainties of research;
- is subject to change without notice;
- should never be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
All information provided by CEH on its website is made available to provide immediate access for the convenience of interested persons. While CEH believes the information to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility. Therefore, CEH does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information. Neither CEH, NERC nor any of the sources of the information shall be responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use of or results obtained from the use of this information.