We believe that international collaboration underpins research excellence. We work with governments, businesses, civil society across Europe and further afield.
Our international work includes:
- applying our research on early warnings of environmental change
- helping to inform evidence-based policy
- assisting with management responses to protect land and freshwaters
- providing support to developing countries including China and India
CEH scientists chair and provide expert advice to over than 400 national, European and Global committees.
CEH coordinates UK input to UN freshwater science programmes - this is a key part of our National Capability:
- CEH works closely with others to coordinate UK input to the UN’s major hydrological programmes under WMO and UNESCO.
We are heavily involved in many EC funded projects. Examples include:
- ECLAIRE - Effects of Climate Change on Air Pollution and Response Strategies for European Ecosystems Atmospheric pollution
- Strategy for Allied Radioecology (STAR) - Influencing the course of radioecology science
We are part of major international networks, including: