Purpose of the processing
Your personal data is processed as part of strategic scientific research undertaken by UKCEH. Your contact details are shared as relevant for the project e.g. sharing with the science research project members, published on the science research website and with organisers, participants and delegates at events. Individual personal data such as name, contact details, location are processed to ensure provenance is available for data contributions, research, analysis and the outcomes of the project.
UKCEH is undertaking strategic scientific research and development in the public interest. There may be a lawful basis of contract where individuals: are employed or funded by CEH to work on scientific research in the public interest; request quotations for software, or, are registering and paying for an event: please see additional sections of the privacy notice for further information.
In addition to the personal data provided by you in some instances there may be some categories of personal data that are not obtained from you personally for instance:
- Partnership organisations providing details of individual employees potentially contributing to proposals for projects and contributing to existing projects.
- Academic organisations sharing details to establish student placements, PhDs, visitor arrangements and secondments
Please also see our cookies policy.
The recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data include:
- Science project team members
- Science project support from UKCEH support services
- Science project volunteers
- External partners in the project
- Science network members
- Academic organisations with student contributors
- Organisations employing individuals who are contributing to the science research
- Visitors to specific research project websites
- Funding Bodies including the European Union where appropriate
The details of transfers of the transfers of the personal data to any third countries or international organisations (if applicable).
Your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
For specific projects where your information is being processed outside of the EEA, we work with our partners to do all we can to ensure your personal data is processed in line with the data protection requirements of GDPR.