Social Media: | Twitter,
I head the science area Atmospheric Chemistry and Effects, which focuses on improving our understanding and quantifying the interactions between the biosphere and the atmosphere based on measurements, experiments and modelling of greenhouse gases, reactive air pollutants, water and energy.
My own research focuses on the integrated modelling and assessment of impacts of air pollution and climate change on human health and ecosystems. This includes approaches for improving the integration of models and environmental sensors, as well as the development and application of conceptual models to link and integrate human and ecosystem health impact assessment.
In 2016, I have been awarded a fellowship by the International Society for Environmental Modelling & Software Systems (iEMSs), an editor of Environmental Modelling & Software and a member of the editorial board of the journal Environmental Research Letters (ERL). I am a fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA) and a member of the Scientific Advisory Committee for the Healthy Polis network.
Since 2012, I have been a member of the NERC Peer Review College.
- Integrated assessment modelling of air pollution and climate change
- Atmospheric modelling (especially tropospheric ozone)
- Emission inventories
- Environmental impact assessment
- Health impact assessment
- Cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit assessment
- Since 2017: Science Area Head, Atmospheric Chemistry and Effects
- 2013-2017: Group Leader, Modelling & Integrated Assessment
- Since 2006: Environmental Modeller at CEH
- 2001-2006: Head of the Air Pollution Control research group, Institute for Energy Economics and the Rational Use of Energy (IER), University of Stuttgart, Germany
- 2001-2004: Technical coordination of EC FP5 project MERLIN on Multi-pollutant multi-effect modelling of European air pollution control strategies
- 1997-2000: Technical coordination of EC FP4 project INFOS on modelling cost-effective strategies for tropospheric ozone abatement strategies for Europe
- 1997-2001: Researcher, Institute for Energy Economics and the Rational Use of Energy (IER), University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Honorary Associate Professor, University of Exeter
- Fellow & Vice President, International Environmental Modelling & Software Systems Society (IEMSS)
- Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce
- Interational Ozone Commission
- UNECE Task Force Integrated Assessment Modelling (TFIAM)