Social Media: | Twitter,
- Identifying and characteristing droughts
- Improving drought monitoring and early warning
- Drought impacts
- UK hydrological situation monitoring and reporting
- Visualisation of monitoring information to improve communication
I joined CEH in March 2014 as a Drought Monitoring Scientist (Research Associate) in the Hydrological Status and Outlooks Group. My current responsibilities as a Hydrological Analyst include:
- Working on droughts projects within the group, including: Historic Droughts working on identifying, characterising and understanding the propagation of historic droughts using standardised drought indicators; ENDOWS working on improving drought monitoring and early warning in the UK for the water supply, environmental and agricultural secors; SUNRISE working on drought monitoring and early warning in China, India and sub-Saharan Africa.
- Working within the National River Flow Archive (NRFA) as a regional representative for North East England, undertaking data validation of daily and peak flow data.
- Writing and producing the monthly Hydrological Summary for the UK as well as hydrological reporting on floods and droughts as part of the National Hydrological Monitoring Programme.
- I have recently part of the international Belmont Forum-funded DrIVER project team improving drought monitoring and early warning by understanding the link between drought indicators and drought impacts, and the Copernicus C3S EDgE Demonstrator which delivered hydroloigcal seasonal forecasts and climate projections across Europe via an interactive online Map Viewer.
Before starting at CEH I worked at JBA Consulting for 18 months for GIS and hydrology teams mainly working on flood mapping and culvert blockage risk mapping as well as on the Global Flood Map for JBA Risk Management.
- BSc (Hons) Geography, Upper Second Class, University of Southampton, 2011
- MSc River Environmental Management, Distinction, University of Birmingham, 2012
- Young Member Representative to the main committee (2017-present), British Hydrological Society
- Member, Euro-FRIEND Low Flows and Droughts Group