- Data processing and spatial data analysis
- Modelling of atmospheric emissions (at a landscape and national scale)
- Assessing the effects of air pollution on human health and sensitive habitats.
- Distribution of agricultural emissions (of ammonia and greenhouse gases) for the UK, Portugal and South Asia.
- Comparing top-down and bottom-up inventories
- My work primarily involves the spatial modelling of pollutant emissions at landscape to national and global scale, including the spatial distribution of effects, accumulation in sensitive habitats and scenario modelling.
- I develop data processing techniques for many projects, using a suite of geographic information systems (GIS) and data manipulation tools (e.g. R, FME, ArcGIS).
- I lead on reporting to the National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory (NAEI) and several projects for government agencies.
- I also provide data analysis training and mentoring for colleagues and visiting scientists.