2018-Present RA Information Systems and Data Analyst, UKCEH
2017-2018 Data Manager Intern, RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds):Digitizing and processing of farmland bird census data in ArcGIS and in the RSPB database (Merlin). Dataset creation and update in the RSPB database.
2016-2017 MSc Animal Behaviour: Applications for conservation, Anglia Ruskin University: Gain an understanding of the application of animal behaviour to conservation. Learning of GIS, remote sensing, satellite tracking, statistics and data analysis.
2006-2012 BSc Biology, Universidad de Salamanca: 5 years degree, first three years dedicated to general biology and two last years to environmental studies.
Summary of Professional Expertise
My current role at CEH includes:
- Data Centre Operative in the Environmental Information Data Centre (EIDC)
- Develop and manage websites (including Drupal based websites). Some examples include:
- Develop online tools and applications with R Shiny. Some examples include
- Processing of data (spatial and tabulated): Example of published datasets:
- GIS Map creation with R, QGIS and ArcMap
- Runing of OpenFoam and MODDAS models on Jasmin computer cluster
Technical and IT Skills
ArcGIS: digitizing, mapping, simple spatial analysis, Story maps
R spatial packages used: sf, raster, rgdal, sp, fasterize and others
QGIS: digitizing, mapping, simple spatial analysis, beginner use of GRASS plugins
R packages used: dplyr, ROracle, pool, DT, ggplot2, plotly and others
FME: FME Workbench and Data Inspector
Linux: beginner in fast file processing
Website development and management
Drush: Using Drupal’s Drush interface to upgrade and maintain websites and servers
R Shiny package: Using R Shiny to develop website applications and tools.
- BSc Biology at Universidad de Salamanca with an Environment specialisation (5 years degree)
- MSc Animal Behaviour: Applications for Conservation Anglia Ruskin University