Social Media: | Twitter, | LinkedIn,
My work focuses on the integrated modelling and assessment of impacts of air pollution and climate change on human health and ecosystems. This includes work on the better integration of models and environmental sensors, as well as the development and application of conceptual models to link and integrate human and ecosystem health impact assessment.
I am the CEH PI for several Defra, STFC and EU funded projects, including the EU FP7 Network of Excellence ‘Linking Impact Assessment Tools to Sustainability Expertise’ (LIAISE), the STFC ‘Global Challenge Network on Ozone’ and the Defra AQ0947 project ‘Support for National Air Pollution Control Strategies 2013-2015’ (SNAPS).
Since 2003, I have been a member of the UNECE Task Force on Integrated Assessment Modelling (TFIAM) and am currently a member of the board of the International Environmental Modelling & Software Society (iEMSs) and The Integrated Assessment Society (TIAS). I have been organising special sessions on integrated modelling topics at the biennial conferences of the Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand (MSSANZ), iEMSs, SETAC and the International Society for Exposure Sciences (ISEE).
Since 2012, I have been a member of the NERC Peer Review College.
- Integrated assessment modelling of air pollution and climate change
- Atmospheric modelling (especially tropospheric ozone)
- Emission inventories
- Environmental impact assessment
- Health impact assessment
- Cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit assessment
- Since 2013: Group Leader, Modelling & Integrated Assessment
- Since 2006: Environmental Modeller at CEH
- 2001-2006: Head of the Air Pollution Control research group, Institute for Energy Economics and the Rational Use of Energy (IER), University of Stuttgart, Germany
- 2001-2004: Technical coordination of EC FP5 project MERLIN on Multi-pollutant multi-effect modelling of European air pollution control strategies
- 1997-2000: Technical coordination of EC FP4 project INFOS on modelling cost-effective strategies for tropospheric ozone abatement strategies for Europe
- 1997-2001: Researcher, Institute for Energy Economics and the Rational Use of Energy (IER), University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Fellow & Vice President, International Environmental Modelling & Software Systems Society (IEMSS)
- Interational Ozone Commission
- UNECE Task Force Integrated Assessment Modelling (TFIAM)