Social Media: | Twitter, | LinkedIn,
I am a lead mobile applications developer at CEH Wallingford. Developing mobile applications for collection and dissemination of environmental data and information in active research projects. Also, developing websites and the technical infrastructure underpinning mobile data collection.
Working with quantitative ecologists and information technology specialists within the Biological Records Centre (BRC), the National Biodiversity Network (NBN) and CEH Applications Development Group, as well as with specialist collaborators.
Coming from electronics and low level programming my understanding of IT systems spans thought the whole stack. Currently, my expertise focuses around web technologies upon which I help to build hybrid mobile and rich web applications.
Feb 2014 to date - Research Associate at CEH, Wallingford.
Main activities: Developing mobile and web applications and supporting infrastructure.
Nov - Feb Python developer at IamVIP, Newcastle.
Main activities: Writing scripts for automated social data collection and management.
Oct 2008 to Jul 2011 - BEng Hons Electronics and Computer Engineering (First Class)
Dissertation – Volatility based Technical Analysis Software (JFreeChart charting, Financial Analysis)
Second year team project – inductive guidance buggy (C programming, hardware design)
- Software engineer, programmer, developer
- Mobile: Android, iOS, Hybrid, Cordova, Phonegap
- Web applications: Offline First, Progressive, Mobile First
- Web mapping: Leaflet, Google Maps, D3, GeoJSON, TopoJSON
- Frontend: UX design, Backbone, MarionetteJS, Ionic, jQuery Mobile, Bootstrap
- Backend: PHP, Web services (REST API), PostgreSQL, IndexedDB
- NodeJS, NPM, Bower, Grunt, Webpack, RequireJS, Babel
- Agile methodologies, TDD, BDD, Git/Subversion
The Institution of Engineering and Technology