To see all UKCEH Science Infrastructures ‘at-a-glance’, before you search our catalogue in more detail, click on each table below to see more (or less) summary information.
While each UKCEH science infrastructure has its own unique purpose and capabilities, our whole portfolio is strategically planned and managed to enable integrated research across the whole land-based environment:
- To address the most important UK and global strategic goals and challenges
- To provide broad-scale coverage of the UK and its landscapes as whole systems
- To provide intensive, in-depth measurement of specific environmental systems, habitats and land-uses
- To reveal and predict environmental processes, interconnections, status and change across all scales: from local field or city to landscape to national scale
- To study the whole UK environmental system, encompassing different land use and habitat types including: land, soil, water and air; uplands and lowlands; urban and rural; agriculture and woodland; and so on