Eligibility to apply

To work for CEH, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. CEH can only apply for a work permit in cases where there are no suitably qualified or experienced resident workers; otherwise applicants should normally be resident in the UK or a national of the European Union.

Applying for roles

Many of our vacancies are managed on behalf of CEH by the UK Shared Business Services (SBS) and can be found on the TopCareers recruitment portal. Other vacancies are managed directly by CEH.  We recommend use of one of the following browsers to access the SBS recruitment portal:

Internet Explorer 6 or later
Firefox 1.5 or later
Safari 2.0.4 or later

For assistance, please contact the SBS Human Resources Contact Centre (tel: 01793 867 003) where staff will be available to help you during normal working hours.

Updating account information: once you have registered you can update your details and upload documents for job application(s) at any time.

Tracking vacancies online: you can determine the status of your job application(s) in the recruiting process under 'Jobs Applied For'.