We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our facilities team in Edinburgh. This is a multi-skilled maintenance role, requiring knowledge in electrical & mechanical maintenance services.
The Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH) delivers world-class solutions to the most complex environmental challenges facing humankind by partnering with governments, industry and society to pursue and apply cutting edge environmental observation and analysis. CEH is the UK's longstanding Centre of Excellence for integrated research in terrestrial and freshwater ecosystems and their interaction with the atmosphere.
Operating from four UK locations, CEH employs 360 scientists and has a £40m annual budget. A growing proportion of this budget and staff time is directed overseas and CEH aims to continue this work when it plans to become an independent, not-for-profit research institute (Company Limited by Guarantee with Charitable status) later in 2019.
- You will liaise with on-site contractors, providing day to day operational supervision of contractors to ensure that all work is carried out as per given quotes and specifications and with due regard to Health and Safety Regulations. You will attend progress meetings and maintain contractor management files.
- You will provide a Planned Preventative Maintenance service for all site plant equipment, co-ordinate the timing and availability of maintenance requirements both Planned and Reactive, with the End User.
- You will have the opportunity to capture and put forward suggestions of improvement to maintenance methods, working best practice and the use of new modern technology when replacing equipment under lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to advise the Facilities Manager and play an active part in site developments via projects, long term maintenance and capital investment programmes.
- You will have a Higher National Certificate/Diploma or NVQ Level 4 qualified in a relevant building, engineering or design subject, or have equivalent skills and knowledge.
- You must be able to demonstrate previous knowledge & skills gained in a Multi Skilled Maintenance role particularly in relation to electrical & mechanical maintenance services.
- You will have previous knowledge of working as a CAD Operator or in a similar design practice role, and have gained a sound knowledge of building design, mechanical and electrical services.
- You will have in depth knowledge of the following CDM 2015, ACOP L8 Control of Legionella, SFG20, Management of Asbestos at Work Regulations, PUWER, LOLER
- You must be able to demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to CEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Team work. Information on CEH’s values is available here.
What We Offer In Return
We offer a flexible and supportive working environment and will encourage your continuing professional development as part of our career support.
The post will be based at CEH Edinburgh https://www.ceh.ac.uk/edinburgh working in the Facilities Team.
How to Apply
To apply, email your completed application form and the equal opportunities monitoring form (attached below) to: email@example.com
Interviews will be held on 13 September 2019