About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Facilities team in Edinburgh. This is a multi-skilled maintenance role, requiring knowledge in electrical & mechanical maintenance services.
You will liaise with on-site contractors, providing day to day operational supervision of contractors to ensure that all work is carried out as per given quotes and specifications and with due regard to Health and Safety Regulations. You will attend progress meetings and maintain contractor management files.
You will provide a Planned Preventative Maintenance service for all site plant equipment, co-ordinate the timing and availability of maintenance requirements both Planned and Reactive, with the End User.
You will have the opportunity to capture and put forward suggestions of improvement to maintenance methods, working best practice and the use of new modern technology when replacing equipment under lifecycle. You will have the opportunity to advise the Facilities Manager and play an active part in site developments via projects, long term maintenance and capital investment programmes.
- Apply the professional, technical and occupational skills appropriate to the role of Site Engineer and demonstrate commitment to continuous personal and professional growth. Understand and apply local corporate policies.
- To make certain that all contractor induction and authorisation including Liability Insurance, Permit to Work, Safe System of Work, Method Statement controls are in place before a contractor starts work on site. (Facilities support is available to assist in this).
- To ensure all plant and equipment is inspected, maintained and serviced according to maintenance regulations and H&S requirements.
- To provide a Planned Preventative Maintenance service for all site plant equipment, co-ordinate the timing and availability of maintenance requirements both Planned and Reactive, with the End User.
- To give ad hoc support to the maintenance and manufacture of scientific equipment within limits and levels set by FM and SSM
- Maintain and update all Site Drawings/Plans onto electronic system via AutoCAD, (once appropriate training given,) in accordance with Engineering Focus Group (EFG) implementation programme
- Liaise with the CEH Building Services Manager and staff from the NERC Estates office on, for example, the CEH remedial and long term maintenance programs.
- Provide assistance to the Site Facilities Manager and Building and Engineering team
- To give full technical assistance and guidance to Building Services Manager/Head of Facilities Management when discussing capital investment programmes and development opportunities – i.e. STARK (or similar) energy monitoring/management systems; BMS upgrades; heating replacement programmes etc.
- Have an understanding and be aware of asbestos management.
- You will be on the on-call rota.
- Awareness of specialist waste disposal, WEEE, COSHH and Hazardous.
- You must be able to demonstrate previous knowledge & skills gained in a Multi Skilled Maintenance role particularly in relation to electrical & mechanical maintenance services.
- You will have previous knowledge of working as a CAD Operator or in a similar design practice role, and have gained a sound knowledge of building design, mechanical and electrical services.
- You will have in depth knowledge of CDM 2015, ACOP L8 Control of Legionella, SFG20, Management of Asbestos at Work Regulations, PUWER, LOLER
- You must be able to demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to CEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Team work. Information on CEH’s values is available here.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to apply please click here. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.