An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual to take ownership of a forward thinking world leading research establishment who care for the environment.
As you are that outstanding individual you will be given the privilege to work in an centre of excellence in which people care about the environment that we all live in, your input can make a difference.
Your specific areas of responsibilities will include providing Planned Preventative Maintenance services for the site plant equipment in line with protocol and agreed professional standards (SFG20; HSE regs; ISO 14001; OHSAS 18001; ISO 9001). You will need to give full technical assistance and guidance to the Facilities Manager regarding development opportunities for plant and equipment ‘fitness for purpose’, Capital & remedial projects; replacement equipment projects; and long term maintenance programmes.
Main Duties & responsibilities
- To provide the agreed CEH Planned Preventative Maintenance service for all site plant equipment in accordance with CEH Facilities Management protocol and in line with agreed professional standards – SFG20; HSE regs; ISO 14001; OHSAS 18001; ISO 9001
- Repair and maintenance of plant & equipment, responding to Helpdesk tasks appropriate to skill base.
- Procuring contracted services and managing contractors in line agreed CEH contractor management procedures
- Undertake building & engineering project works in accordance with Facilities project management processes
- To give full technical assistance and guidance to Facilities Manager regarding development opportunities plant & equipment ‘fitness for purpose’, Capital & remedial projects; replacement equipment projects; long term maintenance programmes
- Be a full participant in the Engineering Facilities Focus Group (cross sites) and planned Laboratory sub-committee of the SLC
- Supervise and mentor Fabric Engineer & Engineering Technician.
- Managing the engineering systems and processes at the Wallingford site (i.e. Autocad, plant and equipment Asset Register, CDM, Condition survey, and SFG20), ensuring consistency with agreed cross site standards
- A degree (2.1) in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant Engineering qualification (City & Guilds time served apprenticeship/CIBSE membership and qualification) combined with practical working experience are essential
- Ability to work in or an understanding of working in a research environment is desirable
- Technical and operational knowledge of relevant statutory compliance areas (including, Legionella, Asbestos, LOLER, PSSR, F-Gases, H&S, Environmental)
- Technical and operational knowledge of B&E systems and protocols (including SFG20, Asset Management, AutoCAD, BMS)
- Experience of successful project management and delivery
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Management and team membership skills
Eligibility to apply
To work for CEH, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the requirement for a work permit. CEH can only apply for a work permit in cases where there are no suitably qualified or experienced resident workers.
How to apply
To apply for this role please go TopCareer
Closing date: 29th April 2018
Interview date: 23rd May 2018