About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Research Contracts Advisor to join us at our Wallingford site.
Main duties of the post:
- draft and finalise research contracts and other agreements in a timely manner
- identify, communicate and mitigate contractual risks
- provide specialist support for CEH staff on all aspects of contracts and contracts management
- advise on contractual issues, including intellectual property rights, to both internal staff and external stakeholders
- ensure that CEH's project contracts enable future use of project results both for future scientific research and where appropriate for commercial exploitation
- manage the contracts process for and behalf of CEH staff
- contribute to in-house training sessions at individual CEH sites and to the preparation of training materials.
You must have a good degree in an appropriate subject plus a good knowledge of relevant legal matters (for example, an understanding of the contractual terms particularly pertinent to research and intellectual property) and extensive experience in a research contracts or commercial environment.
You should have proven ability of drafting and negotiating project contracts, including consortia and sub contracts, Framework Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding and Material Transfer Agreements.
You will require an excellent level of numerical ability and proven computer skills, including the use of Excel, a good knowledge of relevant contract management software and ideally Inteum.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include an application form and cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to apply please visit our job board here
Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
Interviews for this post will be held on 6th November 2018.