The Public Engagement & Events Coordinator will to help deliver the Centre’s public engagement with research, events and communications. The role reports to the External Communications Manager and the post holder will work closely with CEH scientists to plan, deliver and evaluate targeted public engagement with research activities, as well as a range of corporate, academic and trade events.
You will manage public engagement with research projects, ensuring timely and cost-effective planning, delivery and evaluation of these projects. You will help to embed best practice in public engagement with research across CEH, and coordinate and record public engagement with research activities across CEH. You will plan, coordinate and evaluate CEH’s attendance at key events; and support the work of the communications and engagement team in other ways as required, including coordinating our annual research impact assessment exercise and dealing with enquiries.
You will be part of the Communications and Engagement team, which is responsible for public engagement with research, events, public relations, social media marketing, website marketing, internal communications, multimedia content and design. The role is based in Wallingford but involves extensive liaison with and occasional travel to CEH’s sites in Bangor, Edinburgh and Lancaster, as well as attendance at events in the UK and potentially overseas.
This is a full-time, permanent position that occasionally requires evening and weekend working.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Proven skills in event planning
- Planning and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to resolve problems
- Project management skills at a foundation level
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Strong written communication
- Digital communications skills
- Passionate about communicating science
- Educated to degree standard.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to CEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Team work.
- Knowledge of best practice in public engagement
- Confident in working with suppliers and customers
- Experience of working with scientists / in a higher education environment
- Science, communications or related degree
- Printed publicity / display stand creation
- Creative and innovative in approach
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to apply please click here. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY
To work for CEH, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the requirement for a work permit. CEH can only apply for a work permit in cases where there are no suitably qualified or experienced resident workers; otherwise applicants should normally be resident in the UK or a national of the European Union. Please Do Not apply if you require a visa to work in the UK.
Interviews will be held on 17th April 2019.