There is the plan for CEH to move outside the public sector to become a not for profit research organisation with charitable status. As part of the transition CEH is also moving away from a shared procurement service to develop its own internal procurement department. This role therefore provides an exciting opportunity to be involved in the set-up of a new procurement team which will help to define and lead on shaping commercial procurement policy and practices as we enter an exciting new era.
You will have proven understanding of supply chain issues and proven ability in purchasing across a variety of operational and capital categories including the end-to-end procure-to-pay (P2P) cycle. You will also have shown development of successful soft skills, particularly in stakeholder engagement. The Procurement Officer is expected to develop a strong knowledge of CEH’s procurement processes and policies in order to ensure compliance and develop reports as part of the central Procurement Function.
The Procurement Officer will become a trusted and knowledgeable advisor for a variety of end-users and will also play a proactive role in finding solutions to common issues as well as verbalising opportunities for efficiency and cost savings.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to CEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Team work.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) qualified or willing to work towards it
- Purchasing and systems tools experience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assimilate information
- Strong skills in supplier and customer relationship management
- Driving licence (travel and overnight stays are required)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and results driven with the ability to manage a portfolio of workloads and meet deadlines
- Able to work effectively on own or as part of a team
CEH will offer training and development where appropriate in order to enhance the applicant’s skills and expertise as relevant to the position.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to apply please click here. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY
To work for CEH, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the requirement for a work permit. CEH can only apply for a work permit in cases where there are no suitably qualified or experienced resident workers; otherwise applicants should normally be resident in the UK or a national of the European Union. Please Do Not apply if you require a visa to work in the UK.
Interviews will be held on 24th April 2019.