This role is based in the People & Skills Section within CEH. The People & Skills section comprises a team of 14 and supports the CEH workforce of 460 plus a larger community of students and visiting scientists. CEH is committed to delivering a programme of Learning and Development (L&D) to all staff and to providing a high quality HR service to the organisation. This role would suit someone wishing to gain skills and experience of working in a busy office environment, in a friendly organisation, where we value teamwork and attention to detail.
- To work with colleagues in L&D to arrange on site courses, ensuring that relevant preparation is completed to ensure the smooth running of the course, e.g. keeping the spreadsheet up to date with meeting arrangements, raising purchase orders
- To manage calendars and arrange meetings in Outlook to support key administrative process: merit promotion, career development discussions, research associates reviews, induction reviews, external meetings, (40% of the role)
- To coordinate and keep records up to date for career development discussions (meeting organisation, paper preparation, saving of action plans on record management system)
- To provide direct administrative support for the L&D Manager where appropriate to the above meetings
- To provide support to the student coordinator, for example providing welcome emails and raising purchase orders
- To assist with administration and access to online learning resources ensuring records of use are up to date
- To provide regular reports from the L&D database and online surveys to the L&D manager
- To provide ad hoc support to the HR team at peak periods
- To maintain learning and development, career development, merit promotion and student databases
- To monitor the email inbox for staff learning and development requests
- To distribute and collate the L&D evaluation forms
- To coordinate monthly L&D activity reports
- To maintain spreadsheet and records for induction review meetings and induction event planning
- To update the L&D and Research Associate internet pages are requested
Essential skills/knowledge required
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Enjoy meeting organisation and calendar management.
- Be good at prioritising a varied workload, which may be subject to change at short notice.
- Know how to work with confidential information.
- Have a willingness to take on ad hoc tasks.
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to CEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork. Information on CEH’s values is available here.
This position is part-time for 22.2 hours a week (0.6 FTE) for 15 months. There is some flexibility as regards the weekly working pattern.
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. CVs will not be accepted as a standalone. The cover letter should include specific examples of how you meet the skills and knowledge required for this role.
This vacancy will remain open until it is filled.