We are seeking an experienced Nano Ecotoxicologist to provide task leadership and delivery on specific EU Nano safety project. The post will initially for 6 months and based at CEH Wallingford, working within the Ecotoxicology and Chemical Risk Group on projects in the Pollution Science Area. The post will undertake mainly literature based review and synthesis of current data needed for deriving grouping strategies for nanomaterials within the areas of environmental fate and ecotoxicology.
The focus of the role is on developing molecular biology research to understand the functional consequence of pollutant and other environmental stressor exposure in a range of different invertebrate taxa (with work in plants possibly to follow). As a key staff member on a research project team, an important part of the job will be to maintain communications with senior staff and project managers.
Key duties of the post include:
- Review of the Nano invertebrate ecotoxicology and environmental exposure literature,
- Help design and running Ecotoxicological experiments for tasks under the EU H2020 Gracious project.
- Critical review and evidence gathering on Nano ERA regulatory status for EU H2020 NanoFASE project.
- You will be trained to PhD level (or have an MSc and 2-3years of laboratory experience) and will have worked on one or more projects that have required a significant Nano ecotoxicology component.
- Within these activities, you will have been involved in the development of methods for designing and undertaking Nano ecotoxicology exposures, quantifying and characterising such exposures and have a broad knowledge of the issues involved.
- You will also be familiar with some of the different Nano characterisation approaches and methods.
- You are required to have good communication and team work skills. You will also have demonstrated the ability to communicate scientific results through written outputs and presentations.
How to Apply
To apply please submit a Covering letter + CV that sets out how your experience meets our requirements, found in the attached job description; to email@example.com