This role is based in the People & Skills Section within CEH. The People & Skills section comprises a team of 14 and supports the CEH workforce of 460 plus a larger community of students and visiting scientists. CEH is committed to delivering a programme of Learning and Development (L&D) to all staff and to providing a high quality HR service to the organisation. This role would suit someone wishing to gain skills and experience of working in a busy office environment, in a friendly organisation, where we value teamwork and attention to detail.
There is the plan for CEH to move outside the public sector to become a not for profit research organisation with charitable status. We will continue to be funded as now by a mixture of NERC and competitively won income.
- To work with colleagues in L&D to arrange on site courses, ensuring that relevant preparation is completed to ensure the smooth running of the course, e.g. keeping the spreadsheet up to date with meeting arrangements, raising purchase orders
- To manage calendars and arrange meetings in Outlook to support key administrative process: merit promotion, career development discussions, research associates reviews, induction reviews, external meetings, (40% of the role)
- To coordinate and keep records up to date for career development discussions (meeting organisation, paper preparation, saving of action plans on record management system)
- To provide direct administrative support for the L&D Manager where appropriate to the above meetings
- To provide support to the student coordinator, for example providing welcome emails and raising purchase orders
- To assist with administration and access to online learning resources ensuring records of use are up to date
- To provide regular reports from the L&D database and online surveys to the L&D manager
- To provide ad hoc support to the HR team at peak periods
- To maintain learning and development, career development, merit promotion and student databases
- To monitor the email inbox for staff learning and development requests
- To distribute and collate the L&D evaluation forms
- To coordinate monthly L&D activity reports
- To maintain spreadsheet and records for induction review meetings and induction event planning
- To update the L&D and Research Associate internet pages are requested
Skills/ Knowledge Required
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enjoy meeting organization and calendar management.
- Be good at prioritizing a varied workload, which may be subject to change at short notice.
- Knowledge of how to work with confidential information.
- Be willing to take on ad hoc tasks
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to CEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork.
This is a 0.6 FTE part-time position for 22.2 hours a week. This contract has a fixed end date of end of April 2020. There can be some flexibility as regards the weekly working pattern.
To apply, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in the position, and how you meet the essential criteria, and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs will not be accepted as a standalone.