An exciting opportunity now exists to join the finance team of a world-class research organisation, addressing major societal and environmental challenges.
This is a new role which will assist the transactions team responsible for payments, receipts and cash.
Reporting to the Finance Support Team manager, you will gain valuable experience in purchase ledger, accounts receivable, cash and banking.
This apprentice will be joining a newly formed team and will be given the opportunity to get a good grounding in the workings of a busy transactions team.
Working with experienced colleagues, you will undertake the following specific responsibilities:
- Supporting the finance community in delivering a high quality transactions processing service across the organisation, and providing timely responses to queries and high levels of customer service.
- Account reconciliations.
- Inputting invoices and transactions and resolving queries.
- Documenting procedures.
- Supporting the Workday implementation and system migration as required.
- You will have a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade A* -C (4-9) or equivalent including English, Maths and Science.
- You will have a methodical and logical outlook with good organisational skills and a proactive approach to continuous improvement.
- You will be able to reflect on your own learning, respond positively to coaching and take responsibility for your continued development.
- You will have a positive approach and can do attitude and will be keen to learn new skills.
- With good oral and written communication skills, you will be able to work collaboratively with external stakeholders and other members of the finance team.
- You will have good Excel and Word skills.
At the end of the 2 year apprenticeship there may be an opportunity to progress into a open-ended position for the right candidate.
How to apply
To apply, please follow this link: https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-419070