We are looking for a talented individual to take the lead position as Facilities Operations Manager. Your task will be to provide management, budgetary control and support to the Facilities support staff at this world leading environmental research centre.
If you are a talented Facilities Operations Manager and you want the opportunity to demonstrate great leadership skills whilst working within a relaxed working environment, this is the position for you!
Your specific areas of responsibilities will include managing a team of general facilities support and catering staff. Manage the operational site facilities budget and monitor the procurement and receipting function as well as taking operational responsibility of in-house and outsourced facilities.
Specific areas of Responsibility
- Management of 7 General Facilities Support staff and 3 catering staff; including their development to ensure skills; training; competency; performance and flexibility of team are maintained and optimised.
- Deputy to the Facilities Manager.
- Management of the agreed delegated operational Site Facilities budget and monitoring appropriate procurement and receipting function, to include monthly reporting reconciliation and reporting.
- Operational management of in-house facilities provision (including catering facilities; reception; telephone systems; stores; post; access & security; transport fleet).
- Operational management of outsourced facilities (including cleaning; security) and monitoring of service provided and evaluate contracts for value for money.
- Direct management of CEH Wallingford Facilities staff to include appraisals, performance, and training.
- Support reviews of efficiency of provided services
- Complete and report on delegated key performance indicator targets with Facilities Manager.
- Management of the health & safety and environmental requirements of site facilities, ensuring all Facilities staff are fully trained in their responsibilities (incl. Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work; Disability discrimination act (DDA) requirements; Environmental targets).
- Deputy Fire and Security Officer for CEH staff on site.
- Management of local Facilities induction process for CEH Staff.
- Day to day liaison with site occupants (Inc. Heads of Site, section heads and all other staff). Liaison with specialist support functions (to include P&S, Finance, IT, SHE, Estates & UKSBS).
- Manage space and occupancy allocation / delivery.
- Manage day to day compliance with legislation and corporate Environmental targets and requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with banding and objective of the post, including participation on On-Call Rota
- A relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification and suitable experience
- BIFM membership of at least Member grade
- Staff management & leadership
- Financial and Procurement management and experience
- Awareness of Facilities related H&S and Environmental regulations (IOSH & IEMA practitioner levels)
- Demonstrate sound judgement and have pragmatic approach
Eligibility to apply
To work for CEH, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the requirement for a work permit. CEH can only apply for a work permit in cases where there are no suitably qualified or experienced resident workers.
How to apply
To apply for this role please go TopCareer.
Closing date: 22nd April 2018
Interview date: 16th May 2018