About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a diverse skill set in ecosystem services and natural capital analysis to help develop approaches to assess cultural services in coastal, urban and other settings. You would join an expanding team based at CEH Bangor, in North Wales, and will work with other environmental and social scientists, and economists across a number of international projects, in the UK, Europe and China.
- Develop and apply methods for cultural services in coastal areas.
- Assess how environment underpins wellbeing in the UK countryside
- Assess the role of social factors in use of green and blue space in urban areas.
- Work in a wider team of multi-disciplinary experts and spatial/GIS modellers.
- Interact with stakeholders and communicate results to specialists and non-specialists.
- Contribute expertise to funding proposals.
- Contribute to reports and papers, including lead authorship as appropriate.
You will either have a PhD, or equivalent proven skills and knowledge gained over at least 3 years of working in ecosystem services analysis and able to demonstrate skills and knowledge in the following:
- An understanding of how the environment contributes to wellbeing
- Experience in at least two disciplines from: environmental science, social science, economics, health
- Data analysis and interpretation of datasets from at least two of the disciplines above
- Willingness and ability to work overseas
- Good team-working skills
Experience with one or more of the following would be desirable: ecosystem service or other relevant models (e.g. InVEST), designing and collecting primary data on attitudes / preferences or other social data.
Depending on your expertise you will gain additional skills in:
- Developing new spatial approaches for urban ecosystem services assessment
- Taking the lead on work packages or projects
- Communicating results to funders and external audiences
How to Apply
To apply, email your completed application form and the equal opportunities monitoring form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on 15 October 2019