The Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH) is a scientific research organisation, carrying out important research into the environment and climate change. Part of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), CEH is funded by the Government and income from competitive tenders. More than 300 scientists work at four locations in the UK, dedicated to furthering knowledge and understanding across a broad range of environmental science.
We provide fresh nutritionally based meals for approximately 100-150 staff, visitors, and tenants each day, including vegetarian options. We are proud that we are able to use fresh locally sourced produce where possible to give our customers delicious value for money options.
We are looking to appoint a Catering Assistant to work as an integral team member alongside two others continuing the professional and efficient service currently provided.
The main duties of this role will be to:
- Front of house operations including restocking
- Advise Chef on stock reordering
- Budget awareness
- Check and store deliveries in timely fashion
- Assist Chefs with basic food preparation
- Operate the till
- Work as part of Catering Team
- Clearing of surfaces and operating dish washer
- Undertake cleaning schedules to meet Environmental Health Officer requirements
- Assist with annual kitchen deep clean
- Adhere to Health & Safety guidelines
- Dispose of all kitchen waste in accordance with ISO14001
- Complete all on-line training requirements
- Any other duties commensurate with post
This is a permanent part time post (30 hours) working from 8.30 am to 3.30pm each day (Monday – Friday) with a pro-rated salary of £18,190 per annum.
In return we will give you 30 days (pro-rated) holiday per annum and access to a contributory pension scheme where CEH currently contributes 26%, free on-site parking and access to our learning and development portal.
To discuss this role informally please contact Andrew White (Facilities Manager) on 01491 692467. For more information on CEH please visit our website https://www.ceh.ac.uk/
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Please apply by sending an up-to-date copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing your interest in the post to email@example.com by 24th January 2018.
The interview date will be 2nd February 2018 in our Wallingford Head office.