Photo: RAF Benson The Thames at Wallingford, July 2007
National Water Archive
The National Water Archive (NWA) comprises two major data centres: CEH’s National River Flow Archive (NRFA); and the National Groundwater Level Archive (NGLA), hosted by the British Geological Survey. Formerly one of the seven NERC Designated Data Centres, the NWA is now a component of the CEH Environmental Information Data Centre (EIDC).
Time Series Data
The NWA includes a variety of spatial data sets, such as:
- Digitised UK river network (at 1:50,000 scale)
- Hydrological Digital Terrain Model (HDTM) of the UK (1 km grid)
- Hydrology of Soil Type maps (HOST) (1km grid)
- Digital maps of average rainfall (1 km grid)
- 100-year flood risk map of England and Wales
- Digitised catchment boundaries
For more information on NWA spatial data, please contact our Data Licensing Team.