The Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH) is a world-class scientific research institute, and part of the Natural Environment Research Council. CEH has 4 research sites across the UK, with the Wallingford site being the main site, hosting over 400 staff, including the Corporate Office functions and tenants, within offices and modern purpose built laboratory facilities.
As Facilities Manager to the Wallingford site, you will manage the effective and efficient provision of building and engineering services, laboratory support facilities, general soft services and scientific equipment maintenance management services, for the site community. These services will be professionally delivered to a standard that fully complies with any statutory requirements for the facility, fully meets the needs of the site community and is continually improved and developed, commensurate with supporting world-class science.
CEH is looking to recruit a committed, confident and resilient Facilities Manager with proven knowledge and understanding of managing in a successful laboratory based research facility environment, to lead the continuous development of the Facilities services at the site in association with and to support the needs of the science community.
- Lead and develop through continuous improvement, the full range of operational, hard and soft, Facilities Management services, provided through in-house and contracted out services
- Ensure continual, full and effective provision of site building and engineering plant services for critical and essential scientific and IT facilities
- Provide leadership, management and development of the site Facilities Team
- Management of the agreed Site Facilities expenditure and income budgets, including identification and achievement of set efficiency targets
- Management and liaison of site building and facilities investments and developments, including Remedial, Long Term Maintenance and Minor Capital schemes
- Proactively lead site Facilities service in full engagement with science community at operational level, particularly laboratory users, to understand current and developing, science needs and agree service provision levels and standards
- Lead liaison with site tenants covering agreed service level provision, service charges and potential changes or developments
- Lead and manage the Facilities input into the Incident Response and Business Continuity plans for the site
- Lead Facilities co-ordination of site space utilisation plans, monitoring, developments and implementation
- Full and active participation in Operational Performance Management process and objectives to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and statutory and NERC/CEH policy & procedure compliance of Facilities service delivery
- Management of agreed local site Facilities Safety, Health and Environmental responsibilities in support of accredited OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 standards, in liaison with CEH Health & Safety and Environmental Advisors
- Delivery of agreed site Environmental targets
- Full and active participation in CEH structural management including CEH Facilities Management Team and a full member of Wallingford Site Liaison Committee and agreed sub-committee(s)
- Liaison with other specialist support functions (to include CEH People &Skills, Finance, IT and NERC Head Office and UKSBS functions).
Skills & Qualification Requirements:
- Proven successful delivery of Facilities Management in a scientific environment, including laboratory services support.
- Proven track-record in being proactive at co-develop management practices with scientists
- Proven staff leadership & performance management.
- Committed, flexible, inclusive and motivated to deliver the highest quality service provision.
- Proven resilience, confidence and adaptability to lead and manage a diverse range of services in an inclusive culture.
- Proven ability to successfully adapt to, lead and manage through significant organisational change.
- Highly skilled in effective communication, reporting, presentation, consultation and negotiation.
- Membership of BIFM (Associate or above).
- Certified training or proven knowledge in statutory compliance requirements, including; Legionella Management, Asbestos Management, Fire Safety Management, Waste Management, F-Gas Regulations, Risk Assessments, PSSR, Contractor Management, Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Certified training or proven knowledge in essential area services, including; H&S (NEBOSH Certificate), Environmental Management (IEMA Foundation Certificate), Security Management, Project Management, Procurement, Service Contract Specifications and Performance Monitoring, PPM system, CDM Regulations, Tenant Management & SLA’s.
- Proven understanding of key areas including; OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, AutoCAD, Building Management System, SFG20, Building Asset Register, Condition Surveys
Apply for this position via www.topcareer/jobs searching for reference IRC239933
Interviews will be held in our Wallingford office on 14th March 2017
This is a permanent role based in our Head Office in Wallingford